[syslinux] pxelinux.0

H. Peter Anvin hpa at zytor.com
Tue May 25 14:01:18 PDT 2004

Steve Glines wrote:
> I'm not sure if this belongs here or on an etherboot list. I've given up
> on trying to get a single floppy syslinux with enough stuff to remote
> mount a file system. I'm trying an etherboot floppy.
>
> When I boot the system finds the dhcp server and gets the right file
> name but then it gives me the message "not a valid image." A quick
> search of the net didn't help much. Any clues to hand out?

I would suggest asking on the etherboot-users mailing list.

Note that you can compile Etherboot either to be a PXE boot agent (which would
boot pxelinux.0) or boot an "nbi" or "elf" image which need to be created
using the Etherboot tools.

You need to have it configured the right way for your application.