[syslinux] SYSLINUX 2.12-pre2 released

H. Peter Anvin hpa at zytor.com
Tue Nov 30 14:15:44 PST 2004

This version fixes the install bug from -pre1, and adds console driver
capable of parsing ANSI escape codes for libcom32.

The ANSI parser is pretty large (almost 3K of code) and pretty dumb
(slightly more intelligent than DOS' ANSI.SYS), but has the nice
property that it should make it reasonably easy to write screen-oriented
applications which will work both on the serial console (where you
presumably have a normal terminal program) and on the VGA console.

Given that part of the goal is to make it possible to make it compatible
with normal terminal emulator software, I expect I'll have to add more
codes later, but I wanted to start out with a pretty basic set to keep
it from being completely bloated.

As usual, test versions in:

ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/boot/syslinux/Testing/