[syslinux] Menu examples?

Murali Krishnan Ganapathy gmurali at cs.uchicago.edu
Thu Oct 7 09:40:08 PDT 2004

Depending on the complexity of the options you have two options. One is
used in "complex.com" example, where the user has checkboxes and radio
options to control parameters to pass to the kernel. This case requires
a handler (for an example see complex.com).

If you have only a few scenarios (say under 8) of options to pass to
ks.menu, you can just make "Custom Valhalla" a submenu, and have the 8
possibilities in that submenu. Something like this

rhsubmenu = add_menu(....)
   choicea = add_item("<F>","first",OPT_RUN,"PXELINUX_LABEL p=q r=s",0)
   choicea = add_item("<S>","seond",OPT_RUN,"PXELINUX_LABEL a=b c=d",0)
   choicea = add_item("<T>","third",OPT_RUN,"PXELINUX_LABEL h=i j=k",0)
mainmenu = add_menu(...)
   add_item("RH Menu","RH",OPT_SUBMENU,rhsubmenu)

- Murali