[syslinux] Passing one more file after initrd to the kernel...

Paolo Salvan paolo.salvan at xvision.it
Wed Oct 27 06:49:34 PDT 2004

Hi!

Some question about the first possibility you suggested (the second is
too far away...):

- initramfs is only on 2.6 kernel, or is on 2.4 also?

- initrd are usually gzipped...right? But these cpio files are also
gzipped? Are they all gzipped together, or only one at a time? In the
second case, should it be possible for the bootloader to append
on-the-fly to the main initramfs file an extra file, creating on-the-fly
the cpio header? Would this be the simplest way to get a second external
boot file usable from the linux environment, in your opinion?

bye!

Paolo