[syslinux] Message File to serial console

Jim Cromie jcromie at divsol.com
Wed Sep 15 02:02:36 PDT 2004

FWIW, this has come up before, on soekris-tech at soekris.com
I dont think Ive seen it fully resolved however.

the net4801 is factory set to 19200, tho it can be changed...
the kernel line should say console=ttyS0,19200n81
and top of pxelinux.cfg/default:
SERIAL 0 19200

this still gets spew to the screen, both from pxelinux, and from lilo.
the text-only (^T iirc) turns off some of it, but not until the config-file
is actually read and used.