[syslinux] SYSLINUX 3.08-pre7 released

H. Peter Anvin hpa at zytor.com
Wed Apr 6 02:57:37 PDT 2005

... it has a slightly modified version of Paul's VKernelBuf
initialization patch.  I modified it to initialize the whole buffer instead.

I found, on careful reading of the spec, that it's actually possible to
patch the DHCP packets in PXE memory.  This might help the handling of
NBP chainloading in PXELINUX, by making the pathname of the chainloaded
file available to itself.  I haven't implemented that yet, but I wanted
to flag for it as an upcoming change.  If so, it would be only for ".0"
files, as opposed to ".bin" files (which otherwise are treated
identically); unless people object to this change.