[syslinux] SGI 540?

Jeff Sadowski jeff_sadowski at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 19 19:54:20 PDT 2005

Is there a way I can use arclx.exe to load syslinux?
Or has anyone had any experiance using an SGI
Workstation 540? And what kind of options to put in

Load Identifier = Linux Install
OSLoader = \sgiboot\arclx.exe
OSLoad Filename = /sgiboot\vmlinux
OSLoad Partition = CDROM
System Partition = CDROM
OSLoad Options = load_ramdisk=1 ramdisk_size=6000
root=/dev/fd0 rw

which is in the bios

Those options where for an old vertion of slackware
pre bz kernels I think(is 1999 before bz images) I
think thats why arclx.exe didn't work with what I
tried. But if I can load a real boot loader like
syslinux than I can run anything I want.