[syslinux] Large disk image boot. Any suggestions?

Gary W. Smith gary at primeexalia.com
Fri Aug 19 22:56:40 PDT 2005

Hello,

I am managing 15 separate boot disks with various network disk images.
These disk images are used for network installs of Windows OS's.
Basically the network boot disk contains dos, the network drive in
question and the connection information to the shared server for doing a
ghost install.

The problem is the 1.44 disk doesn't hold enough space to accomplish the
job.  What I really need is a 16mb or 32mb boot disk in order to do what
I really want to accomplish.  I have tried using a USB disk formatted
with dos and ripped the image from linux but that doesn't seem to work.

Does anyone have any good directions for create a 32mb boot disk which
boots to dos?  Anyone already have one and willing to share it?  Also,
what would my PXE boot configuration look like?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Gary Wayne Smith