[syslinux] PXE/RIP-PXE

Geert Stappers stappers at stappers.nl
Wed Aug 31 14:04:35 PDT 2005

> On Wed, Aug 31, 2005 at 06:57:59PM +0200, mukke.net wrote:

   <snip/>

> > > I really checked all those settings more than twice,
> > > searched in the archive of this mailing list and google,
> > > but didn't found a proper solution or even
> > > a reason why things wont run.

(c:  seen any hints about good quoting in the archives ?  :-)

> > > I appreciate any Help ;)
> >
> > What is de content of the pxelinux.cfg directory ( on the tftp server ) ?
> >

> ;)
>
> For testing purposes, i didnt change anything in the default file in
> pxelinux.cfg
> (I am familiar with the filename syntax, already tried a filename based on
> the mac address, no success)

Okay, you known about the default file in pxelinux.cfg.
Nor your tcpdump nor the syslog didn't show TFTPing that file.

> You will see that the "21 mb" package contains everything (supposed to)
> which is needed for the first boot (except dhcp, tftp)

Seems like an invitation to think out side of the box.

> Thx for your dedication! ;)

You are welcome. Please do the archive readers a pleasure
allow them to read in the logic order
and reply below the text.

Cheers
Geert Stappers