[syslinux] syslinux/isolinux capabilities

Benjamin Hodgens ben at hodgens.net
Sun Feb 6 17:43:59 PST 2005

I'm wondering if it's possible to use isolinux on a bootable CDR to boot an
ISO9660 disk image off of the CDR's filesystem. I'm trying to make a multi-boot
CD which is capable of booting both floppy images and smaller ISO9660 images
(such as the debian netinst or DSL - damnsmall linux), and I am wondering if
isolinux is capable of doing this (or something similar to this - would there be
a workaround through another method?), or if I might need to try using GRUB.

I looked on the syslinux pages and googled for a couple hours and didn't find
any information on this, otherwise I'd not waste your time. :P

Thanks,
Ben