[syslinux] Disk error 80 and 5A

Andrew Gaffney agaffney at gentoo.org
Wed Jul 6 22:02:06 PDT 2005

I've got a CD built with Gentoo's catalyst that uses isolinux 2.13. On the
Athlon box (2003 BIOS), I get Disk error 80 with 2 different CD-RW, a CD-R, and
3 different builds of this CD. On my P2 box (2001 BIOS), it hangs for a while at
Disk error 5A. This same ISO boots just fine on another box I've got and other
people's boxes that have tried it. Another CD built with catalyst that uses
isolinux 2.13 boots on the Athlon box just fine. Knoppix 3.9 also boots fine on
the same CD-ROM with the same CD-RW, so it's not an issue of the size of the CD
(most recent build is 695M), CD-ROM, or media. Does anyone have any idea what
might be the cause of this?

--
Andrew Gaffney                            http://dev.gentoo.org/~agaffney/
Gentoo Linux Developer                                   Installer Project