[syslinux] pxelinux and 2.6.9 kernel parameters

scott domars scott.domars at gmail.com
Sun Jul 10 22:39:18 PDT 2005

I have more information about my hardware that could help with the
problem.
The machine has a memory hole from 15M to 16M that I believe is used by
eisa hardware, if installed (I have no eisa hardware plugged in).
The memory hole can not be disabled.
In addition to this, the initrd that is passed through PXE is huge. From
memory it uncompresses to 23Mb.
Given the above, how does the booting kernel handle the memory
allocation?
In the 2.6.x kernels there is a memory exclude parameter memmap=X$Y. Can
this be used to remove the 15M to 16M hole?
Thanks.