[syslinux] Graphic Display Problems with V3.09

Jim Cromie jcromie at divsol.com
Fri Jul 22 21:09:03 PDT 2005

Sean Murphy wrote:

> I just upgraded from v3.07 to v3.09.  After completing the upgrade my
> graphic (logo) no longer displays.  It worked when I was running
> v3.07.  Is this a known bug in v3.09? If not, any ideas why it stopped
> working in v3.09 but worked in v3.07?

I havent heard of it, fwiw.

Heres what HPA would say if he were less busy.
Please test the 3.0[89] pre-releases and find out where it stopped working.

http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/boot/syslinux/Testing/

theres 11 308-pre's, and 2 309s,
so a binary search should get you there in ~4 moves.

then, if youre feeling ambitious, diff it against previous,
inspect the code, and hack a bit.

If you do all that, HPA will be so thrilled, he'll give you a gold star. :-D