[syslinux] PXELINUX Disk I/O Error HP NC6120

Günther Schmidt guenther.schmidt at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 09:48:13 PDT 2005

Hello 2 all,

we are using PXELINUX and the memdisk kernel to boot a dos-based-disk
image without any trouble for many years....

Now we got a new HP Notebook Type (NC6120) and during the installation
after the kernel initialisation it appears the message "Disk I/O error
- Replace the disk, and the press any key". This only happens, if
there is no Floppy-Drive (in this case USB-Floppy) connected!?
Curios...

The version of the memdisk-kernel is 3.08. All other Notebooks and
Desktops are working perfect with this kernel!

Does anybody have similar troubles (in particular with HP-Notebooks)?

Thanks an advance,
kr
Gue