[syslinux] Can I use pxelinux to boot a cdrom image or isolinux from pxe?

Tim Harvey tim_harvey at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 13 21:10:04 PDT 2005

Greetings,

I've been a user and fan of SYSLINUX for a couple of years now.  I use PXELINUX
for a PXE server.  I've only been able to boot linux kernel/initrd images and
dos bootdisks, however now I'm wanting to create a boot image for the 'Rescue
Is Possible' (RIP) linux recovery disk -
http://www.tux.org/pub/people/kent-robotti/looplinux/rip/

Previous versions came with a kernel and initrd that could be used with PXE but
the latest version instead comes as an ISO image which uses syslinux which
raises a couple of questions:

1) Is there some way I can use pxelinux/memdisk to boot a generic bootable ISO
image?

2) Is there some way that I can 'chain load' the syslinux on this ISO image
from my pxelinux?

Thanks for any advise,

Tim