[syslinux] pxelinux 3.09 LOCALBOOT does not work (v3.07 does)

Gebhardt Thomas gebhardt at hrz.uni-marburg.de
Wed Jun 29 02:35:50 PDT 2005

Hi,

when trying to boot from local disk with PXELINUX v 3.09, the
systems just beeps and hangs. The last message appearing on the
screen is "Booting from local disk..."

Running PXELINUX v 3.07 works for me (but I'd like to use v.3.09
because of the increased max command line size.

The BIOS boot priority configuration is PXE/Disk/Disabled.

Grub is installed in the MBR of the disk.

Here is my PXELINUX config:

---------------------------------
DEFAULT menu.c32
KBDMAP german.kbd
PROMPT 0
NOESCAPE 0
ALLOWOPTIONS 1
TIMEOUT 50
ONTIMEOUT local
ONERROR local

MENU TITLE HRZ Uni Marburg - Debian GNU/Linux Installation

LABEL local
MENU LABEL Boot von Festplatte
   LOCALBOOT 0

LABEL install