[syslinux] can pxe localboot report failure to bios

Carl Karsten carl at personnelware.com
Thu May 19 15:06:16 PDT 2005

 > Okay... ALL the pxelinux "localboot" arguments mean continue to the next boot
device -- assuming the BIOS/PXE supports it (which a lot of them don't.)
"localboot 0" is the normal mode; "localboot 4" and "localboot 5" are
special-purpose boots.

On a laptop that is set to LAN, HD - it booted the HD.

On a box set to Floppy, HD, booting EtherBoot floppy, I get
boot:
Booting from local disk
probing pci nic...
probing isa nic...
<sleep>

and then it re-enters EtherBoot, but not from the start - it skips the "loading
rom image...." and just displays
Boot from (N)etwork or (Q)uit.
and then boots from net.

I am guessing this is an EtherBoot problem?

Carl K