[syslinux] tftp pxe and dos

Adam Berns ab at adamb.com
Thu Oct 6 21:39:02 PDT 2005

So I have a few questions.  I have already made the base part of making a
windows TFTPD running with memedisk.  So that part works, but what I was
wondering, if there is a way to some how add an option to the config file.
What I have is something like this:

label winstall
    kernel unattended/memdisk
    append initrd=unattended/winstall.imz

That all works great, However, for each image, I have to have a separate imz
file.  Is it possible to do something like:

label winstall
    kernel unattended/memdisk
    append initrd=unattended/winstall.imz /dell/2850/base.gho

And then retrieve the /dell/2850/base.gho at a later time as a DOS
environmental variable.

The last part of this is that in some cases, I do not have DHCP.  So I was
wondering if there is a way to manually do the equivalent from a DOS prompt,
basically, a DOS TFTP client.  I have googled for days looking for this, but
I can't find anything.

Thanks All!