[syslinux] Creating Bootable Images to use in PXEBoot

Harald_Jensas at Dell.com Harald_Jensas at Dell.com
Fri Oct 28 00:40:46 PDT 2005

Hi,

Most of the big OEM vendors have some kind of hidden Utility/Diagnostic
partition on their systems when they ship. Mostly this is some kind of
DOS/Windows 98 environment with Diagnostic utilities. Maby you can
create a HDD image of this partition and boot this using memdisk and
PXELINUX.

Cheers
Harald

-----Original Message-----
From: syslinux-bounces at zytor.com [mailto:syslinux-bounces at zytor.com] On
Behalf Of Rajeev Mishra
Sent: den 27 oktober 2005 22:02
To: syslinux at zytor.com
Subject: [syslinux] Creating Bootable Images to use in PXEBoot

Hello All,

Often we need to run diagnostics on machines or to update the BIOS. Most
of the vendors provides BIOS and diagnostics programs in "self creating
floppy disk" (Say in 4 floppy disk) format, some provides in ISO format
to burn it in CD.

My questions is how do I make bootable images of these 4 floppies or CD
and put it in our PXE server. Once it is in PXE server then it will be
really easy to run the diags or update the BIOS on machines without
looking for Floppies / CDs.

Thanks for your time.

- Rajeev

Unsubscribe or set options at: