[syslinux] booting windows hdd image via memdisk ... correct device driver needed

mahejn at gmx.de mahejn at gmx.de
Sun Sep 18 07:33:41 PDT 2005

hail 2the king of bootloader!

i created and image of my windows 2000 installation, gziped it. now i am
using memdisk to load it into ram. everything works fine. but when
'memdisk' so i get a bluescreen: 'inaccessible boot device'. a have to
choose the right device drive and install it manual. but what is the
right one? is memdisk emulating ide or scsi, and what kind of?

so any ideas how do use windows 2k/XP on memdisk?

the same procedure works pretty fine using windows 98 .. amazing fast,
and quite quiet, cause no harddisk is used :)

the latter is not state of the art. so hlease help me to run win2K/XP

greetings, MaHejn