[syslinux] PXEboot: can't find configfile on tftpd server

Gustavo Guillermo Pérez gustavo at compunauta.com
Tue Sep 27 08:44:38 PDT 2005

El Lunes, 26 de Septiembre de 2005 09:46, hugl herst escribió:
> Hello,
>
> I've got several machines which I'm trying to netboot, the setup is a
> bootserver using dhcpd3 and tftpd-hpa.
>
> When a machine boots up, it gets an ip address and downloads pxelinux.0
> from the server, then it starts searching for pxelinux.cfg/[MACADDRESS]
> pxelinux.cfg/0A0000F0 and so on.
If really search for that, why you do not try to use default configuration
file, to see if you are not missing something.
> On the server side I see in the syslog the
> client's DHCP-request and the client downloading pxelinux.0, but I never
> see a client asking for pxelinux.0/* .
How do you know the machine search for pxelinux.cfg/[MACADDRESS], if this
happens then loading pxelinux.0 was success.
> Just to see if I have a configuration problem I downloaded the configfile
> by tftping to my bootserver and asking for pxelinux.cfg/0A0000 which works
> fine.
> So dhcp and tftp apparently work fine, but where does is go wrong then?
Are really named your MACConfig files with the proper MAC Addres with extra
needed chars?
> Any idea is welcome!
again try: pxelinux.cfg/default
just try, I guess If you can see config errors then pxelinux.0 was already
loaded.

--
Gustavo Guillermo Pérez
Compunauta uLinux