[syslinux] Switchroot: mount failed: 22, Kernel panic - not syncing: Attempted tp kill init!

Geert Stappers stappers at stappers.nl
Mon Apr 10 01:34:35 PDT 2006

On Mon, Apr 10, 2006 at 04:19:28PM +1100, Kosolapov Dmitry wrote:
> So I need to compile static kernel (without modules). But after
> compiling it and copying to /tftpboot and remote loading I get the error
> of "Invalid or corrupt kernel image" despite kernel to be workable.
>
> Please give me an advice about my further actions. Thanks for advance.

* Take a working configuration (both server and clientsss side)
* Fetch the source of it and rebuild it unmodified
* Make sure that your build is a working configuration
* Try to understand how it works and why it works
(those first three steps are very important,
 the fourth step is very helpfull for the next steps )
* Modify the source for your needs (advice: make small changes )
* Rebuild with your modification and verify the correct working
* Repeat the previous two steps when needed

Cheers
Geert Stappers