[syslinux] Request for Ideas

Erwan Velu erwan at seanodes.com
Thu Aug 17 12:39:56 PDT 2006

I've been submitting a patch t o add a com32 module able to parse the
DMI table.

I'm starting now the next step : having a way to boot some different
menu regarding the dmi structures. I've been looking for some ideas with
the ethersel syntax :
DEV [DID xxxx:yyyy[/mask]] [RID zz-zz] [SID uuuu:vvvv[/mask]] commandline

In other hand, a nice implementation must allow to do :
"if my bios is from this_manufacturer and the bios release = 3.4 so I
must start the bios update.
I think that many configuration will request to test several parameters
for choosing the label to start.

Does some of you have an idea on how to have an easy to use syntax ?

I was thinking about something like :
<value>] commandline

I think two parameters is enough else config file will become too complex.

What does some potential futur users of this think about that ?