[syslinux] isolinux and kernel error

Talat UYARER uyarertalat at gmail.com
Sun Aug 27 12:26:13 PDT 2006

hi,
  I want to prepeare a CD which will use isolinux to boot so I got the
source code of isolinux.
  Unfortunately I couldn't find enough document to satify my
needs.Therefore I got the isolinux
  folder of Xubuntu CD and I have modified the isolinux.cfg file.My
content of modified isolinux.cfg file
  is shown below.

   DEFAULT /boot/kernel-2.6.16.24-49
GFXBOOT bootlogo
APPEND  boot=boot initrd=/boot/initrd.gz ramdisk_size=1048576
root=/dev/ram0 mudur=livecd,language:tr quiet splash --
LABEL live
 menu label ^Pardus Kurulumu
 kernel /boot/kernel-2.6.16.24-49
 append boot=boot initrd=/boot/initrd.gz ramdisk_size=1048576
root=/dev/ram0 mudur=livecd,language:tr quiet splash --
DISPLAY isolinux.txt
TIMEOUT 300
PROMPT 1
F1 f1.txt
F2 f2.txt
F3 f3.txt
F4 f4.txt
F5 f5.txt
F6 f6.txt
F7 f7.txt
F8 f8.txt
F9 f9.txt
F0 f10.txt

After that I used the
mkisofs -rJ -o /home/talat/output.iso -b isolinux/isolinux.bin -c
isolinux/boot.cat -no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4 -iso-level 2
-boot-info-table /home/talat/Desktop/isopardus/
command in the folder where I want to prepare the iso.
Then I burn the iso and restarted the computer.When I see the menu I
want to select Pardus Kurulum option but
I get an error message "Could not Find kernel
image: /boot/kernel-2.6.16.24-49".I could not find a solution to the
problem and
I wonder if somebody can help me.Thanks in advance.