[syslinux] Time out would not boot from local drive

Greg_Chu at Wendys.com Greg_Chu at Wendys.com
Wed Aug 30 12:29:35 PDT 2006

Peter,

It just display the menu again and again, when time out happens just blink
once. It seems to me it is executing DEFAULT menu.c32 when time out
happens.

After I take ONTIMEOUT it behaves the same.
Thanks for your understanding.

Greg

My default file shown blow:

DEFAULT menu.c32
PROMPT 0
TIMEOUT 50
ONTIMEOUT localboot
ALLOWOPTIONS 0
MENU ROWS 2
MENU WIDTH 50
MENU MARGIN 10
MENU PASSWORDMARGIN 20
MENU TIMEOUTROW 5

MENU TITLE Welcome to the Wendys' Network boot menu

LABEL localboot
        MENU LABEL ^Local Boot in 5 seconds
        LOCALBOOT 0

LABEL ghost
        MENU LABEL Restore images
        kernel memdisk
        append initrd=boot.imz

"H. Peter Anvin" <hpa at zytor.com>
08/30/2006 03:10 PM

Greg_Chu at wendys.com
cc
syslinux at zytor.com
Subject
Re: [syslinux] Time out would not boot from local drive

Greg_Chu at Wendys.com wrote:

> Sorry about that, I did not have any intention to order anyone.  I am
> willing to fix it, if I know how to setup the environment, I work on
> windows platform.
> Thanks.

I've never compiled syslinux on Windows, although it's possible that
compiling under MinGW or Cygwin would be possible.

Anyway, what happens when the timeout expires?  Also, since you don't
seem to have "ontimeout" do anything different than the default action,
what happens if you simply omit that line?