[syslinux] Time out would not boot from local drive

Andrew Stuart andrew at shopcusa.com
Wed Aug 30 12:42:56 PDT 2006

H. Peter Anvin wrote:
> Greg_Chu at Wendys.com wrote:
>
>> I checked menu.c32 in the older versions, version 3.00 works, from 3.01
>> and forward, all does not work.
>> The only bad thing in 3.00, it would not display how many seconds left
>> before time out.
>>
>> Please check into this and fix it.
>> Thanks.
>>

> "Please check into this and fix it" sounds an awful lot like an order.
> Please don't give me orders unless you intend to offer a paid contract.
>
> 	-hpa

hmm I don't seem to have the original message, so (hpa) please forgive
this, but I believe this is a known issue/feature/???
if you look back in the mailling list, there are references to localboot
being broken with menu.c32.

if my memory serves me correctly, you need to change ontimeout localboot
"flags", to ontimeout .localboot "flags".