[syslinux] Automatically choose between 32-bit and 64-bit kernel

Erwan Velu erwan at seanodes.com
Fri Jan 5 02:59:21 PST 2007

Byron Stanoszek wrote:
> I've been using syslinux on my own Linux recovery CDs for almost a year now,
> and in that time I've found it useful to be able to automatically load a
> 64-bit-capable kernel if the CPU supports it.
>
> I'd like to share my efforts and submit this patch for syslinux-3.31. It adds a
> new config file keyword, 'default64', which overrides the default image if a
> 64-bit CPU is detected. This allows your config file to have something like
> this in order to automatically choose between a 32-bit and 64-bit kernel:

I've been starting some stuff on the hardware detection. Some com32
modules are able to detect the hardware capabilities.
The x86_64 capability is one of those. Now we need to define a kind of
script language than can help people to defines rules
to match some hardware capability and some syslinux configuration.