[syslinux] tftp, slackware and aliased eth0

H. Peter Anvin hpa at zytor.com
Wed Jun 6 09:33:09 PDT 2007

Jason Gerfen wrote:

> When attempting to setup tftpd I have found that it only utilized the
> last aliased interace in the list of ifconfig and handed out pxeboot
> requests on the one subnet vs. all subnets that any aliased interface is
> using.
>
> I did find a piece of code or patch someone submitted regarding this but
> it did not work correctly. Is this something that can modified to listen
> on any aliased interface or multiple network interfaces?

That's nonsense.  At least tftp-hpa listens on the universal address
(*:tftp), and will attempt to respond using the same address that the
client sent the request to.

However, as required by the protocol, it doesn't have a continuous
connection, but opens a new socket for the connection.

You might have your routing tables set up incorrectly, or have
firewall/masquerading rules wrong.