[syslinux] PXELinux menu

ali ustek aliustek at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 09:40:11 PDT 2007

I have been using pxelinux for some time now and today I have decided to put
menus so my friend can use it as well without memorising the labels.  Menu
comes up but for some reason if I choose an entry nothing happens

MENU TITLE Bluedots PXE Menu
DEFAULT vesamenu.c32
PROMPT 0
TIMEOUT 0
NOESCAPE 1
IMPLICIT 1
MENU MASTER PASSWD Avesta123
#MENU WIDTH 100
#MENU MARGIN 15
MENU ROWS 16

#MENU BACKGROUND gentoo-box.jpg
#MENU BACKGROUND gentoo-ice.jpg
MENU BACKGROUND gentoo-ice-light2.jpg

SAY Enter command line for bootup:

#DEFAULT unattended
LABEL unattended
        MENU LABEL Unattended ^Windows
        KERNEL bzImage
        APPEND initrd=initrd z_user=xxxxx  z_pass=*********
z_path=//x.x.x.x/install

LABEL xpe
        MENU LABEL Windows ^Pre-Installation Environment
        KERNEL startrom.0
        APPEND -

LABEL hdtest
        MENU LABEL Physical Drive Test
        KERNEL boot/memdisk
        APPEND initrd=boot/drivetest.img

LABEL ipcop
        MENU PASSWD topsecret
        MENU LABEL ^IPCOP Firewall
        KERNEL ipcop/1.4.15/vmlinuz
        APPEND ide=nodma initrd=ipcop/1.4.15/instroot.gz root=/dev/ram0 rw

LABEL i386
        MENU DEFAULT
        MENU LABEL (X)(K)^Ubuntu X86
        KERNEL ubuntu/ubuntu-installer/i386/linux
        APPEND vga=normal initrd=ubuntu/ubuntu-installer/i386/initrd.gz  --