[syslinux] Booting a non linux application via pxe

Tilman Glotzner tilmanglotzner at googlemail.com
Sun Apr 20 05:06:44 PDT 2008

Hello

I have an application running on top of the ORK (Open Ravenscar Kernel).
The file format of the executable is elf:
$ file  /var/tftp/hello.vmic7750
/var/tftp/hello.vmic7750: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386, version 1
(SYSV), statically linked, not stripped

I wonder if I can use pxelinux for booting the kernel via network on the
target machine. The
target machine support PXE. I sucessfully booted a linux kernel via network
on it.
I guess some sort of boot loader is lacking. What do need to do to add a
bootload ? Can pxelinux do that for me ? Looking at the options of syslinux,
a ELF executable seems not to be supported directly.

Thanks
Tilman