[syslinux] Patch: Allow args with spaces

Marcel Ritter Marcel.Ritter at rrze.uni-erlangen.de
Thu Dec 4 06:15:14 PST 2008

Hi,

the first attached patch extends the argument parsing code to allow (shell
like) spaces. A config like

LABEL BIOSupdate
   KERNEL dmiselect.c32
   APPEND "ESPRIMO P5925" "memdisk initrd=/dos/FSC-E5925.img raw"

will result in args[]:

ESPRIMO P5925
memdisk initrd=/dos/FSC-E5925.img raw

instead of (current code):

"ESPRIMO
P5925"
"memdisk
initrd=/dos/FSC-E5925.img
raw"

What's that good for? Example code can be found in dmiselest.c32 (second
patch).

This c32 module uses code from dmitest to check the current hardware
it's running on.
You can specify a list of known "system names" and a command line to
execute if the
machine type matches.

The test scripts is used to apply BIOS updates to different kinds of
machines, without the
need to select the correct image yourself. Other usage scenarios should
be easy to find.

Let me know if I can do something to get this merged into syslinux.

Bye,
   Marcel