[syslinux] Help still needed?

H. Peter Anvin hpa at zytor.com
Mon Dec 15 20:46:51 PST 2008

Pierre-Alexandre Meyer wrote:
> Good evening hpa,
>
> I just randomly came across your message from Feb 17, 2008:
>
>    http://syslinux.zytor.com/archives/2008-February/009455.html
>
> Are you still looking for help to maintain syslinux?
> If so, do you have a public bug tracker (bugzilla)?

Hi there,

Help is *really* always welcome, although I have been doing a lot more
work myself on the simple menu system more recently.  However, there are
a bunch of projects going on now - gfxboot as a module, Lua scripting
support and much more.  The complex menu system is currently totally
unmaintained, although I don't know how big its userbase is.

As I just myself started a new job (I am now working for Intel) it is
hard for me to know what I'm going to be spending time on in the
near-to-mid future but there will definitely be things to do.

We don't have a bugzilla (it has, however, been frequently requested,
and probably needs to happen sooner rather than later), but there is
some project ideas etc on the wiki.