[syslinux] memdisk not booting .ima unless there is a floppy drive

rich w richymon at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 7 05:57:31 PST 2008

Hi, bit of a newbie if I'm honest but was wondering if issue mentioned here: http://syslinux.zytor.com/archives/2006-October/007586.html was ever fixed? basically I have the same issue with the same machine.

I have 4 different types of PC's here that i'm trying to boot by USB stick. It works fine on 3 of them, but on the 4th, A HP/Compaq dx2200 MT, memdisk will not boot the .ima unless the machine has a floppy drive in it, it just gets to 'loading boot sector... booting...' then a flashing cursor under it. I've tried disabling the floppy controller, setting the a: drive to 'none', using raw and bigraw, but no luck.

This is with SYSLINUX 3.61

Typically we have more of the HP machines then the other 3 types....