[syslinux] Unknown keyword in syslinux.cfg

J David Eisenberg catcode at catcode.com
Wed Jan 2 14:25:39 PST 2008

Using versions 3.53 and 3.54, I get that message with the following
configuration file (which is under 8192 bytes) on a USB stick; it's the
configuration file from PCLinuxOS 2007. It was originally named
isolinux.cfg; I changed isolinux.* to syslinux* for booting from USB.
There is no blank line at the end of the file.

It works well with 3.11, but that version doesn't allow me to put all the
files in a /syslinux directory. I suspect the culprit is "gfxboot" --
what can I use instead of it?

=== cut here ===
default livecd
prompt  1
timeout 150
gfxboot bootlogo
label LiveCD
    kernel vmlinuz
    append livecd=livecd initrd=initrd.gz root=/dev/rd/3 acpi=on vga=788 keyb=us splash=silent fstab=rw,noauto
label VideoSafeModeFBDev
    kernel vmlinuz
    append livecd=livecd initrd=initrd.gz root=/dev/rd/3 acpi=on vga=788 keyb=us splash=silent fstab=rw,noauto framebuffer
label VideoSafeModeVesa
    kernel vmlinuz
    append livecd=livecd initrd=initrd.gz root=/dev/rd/3 acpi=on vga=788 keyb=us splash=silent fstab=rw,noauto vesa
label Safeboot
    kernel vmlinuz
    append livecd=livecd initrd=initrd.gz root=/dev/rd/3 acpi=off vga=normal keyb=us noapic nolapic noscsi nopcmcia
label Console
    kernel vmlinuz
    append livecd=livecd 3 initrd=initrd.gz root=/dev/rd/3 acpi=on vga=788 keyb=us splash=silent fstab=rw,noauto
label Copy2ram
    kernel vmlinuz
    append livecd=livecd copy2ram initrd=initrd.gz root=/dev/rd/3 acpi=on vga=788 keyb=us splash=silent fstab=rw,noauto splash=verbose
label MediaCheck
    kernel vmlinuz
    append livecd=livecd md5sum initrd=initrd.gz root=/dev/rd/3 acpi=on vga=788 keyb=us splash=silent fstab=rw,noauto splash=verbose
label Memtest
    kernel memtest
=== cut here ===

--