[syslinux] inconsistent Int 22h local boot

Miguel mth at mth.com
Fri Jan 4 04:34:54 PST 2008

>>> Upgrade to 3.54 did not solve the problem ...
>>> same behavior ... Dell 1435
>>> still returns from Int 22h AX=0014.
>>> I'll try to collect more data.
>>
>> That is very odd indeed.
>
> Agreed

Just to bring some closure to this issue ...

This problem was completely mine.

While I successfully upgraded to syslinux-3.54 in my development
environment, I failed to upgrade pxelinux.0 on the QA test system where
this machine was failing to localboot. This outdated pxelinux.0 on that
system did not support the Int22h AX=0014h localboot API.

I came to this embarrassing realization as HPA was making debugging
recommendations via IRC.

your deployment environment must be upgraded along with your com32
programs.

Miguel