[syslinux] CONFIG

Ferenc Wagner wferi at niif.hu
Fri Jul 11 05:05:52 PDT 2008

"H. Peter Anvin" <hpa at zytor.com> writes:

> Chris Williams wrote:
>
>> I'm trying to add a config option in my isolinux.cfg file but I keep getting
>> an error. This is what the part with the config statment looks like:
>>
>> LABEL config
>>   CONFIG isolinux2.cfg
>>
>> Basically I just want the option to reload a completely different config
>> file when booting isolinux and not just a menu that comes after the first
>> isolinux.cfg file.
>
> That should work.  What error do you get, and what Syslinux version are
> you using?

This may or may not be related, but some time ago we talked about
optionally changing the current directory when a new config file is
loaded.  Unfortunately I failed to implement this.  However, recently
there was some activity around this part of the code.  What do you
think about adding the possibility of something like

  LABEL config
    CONFIG /some/dir/newconfig.cfg
    APPEND cwd

to the effect of setting the current directory to /some/dir, as if
newconfig.cfg was read by the loader initially?  This would help a lot
integrating several isolinux-booted systems into one CD or USB stick.
--
Cheers,
Feri.