[syslinux] Help getting started

Marc Haisenko haisenko at comdasys.com
Thu May 29 06:14:34 PDT 2008

On Thursday 29 May 2008, Seung Kim wrote:
> Hello~~
> I am a beginner of Linux. Just I installed Knoppix 5.3 on my desktop. Then
> I wanted to learn about Syslinux, but I didn't know how to start to test
> Syslinux. I read the Syslinux documents, but I didn't know which file
> needed to open and which program I should run with syslinux
> file.....Please, give me your advice. Thank you in advance.

Hi Seung,
first, please don't "hijack" threads by replying to a previous post but start
a new thread by writing a new mail. People that use real mail clients (i.e.
not Outlook) that support threading find it annoying.

Then, please use a descriptive subject line (I have done that for you now).

On to your problem:

I have the impression that you not really know what Syslinux is and what you
need it for. Is that the case ? If so, the following document might help:
http://itreviews.blogspot.com/2006/05/linuxs-boot-process-explained.html
(instead of LiLo like in the document we use Syslinux)

If you know what Syslinux is used for and have read syslinux.doc, what are the
topics that remain unanswered for you ? To say it in other words, what
questions do you still have after reading syslinux.doc ?

Bye,
	Marc

--
Marc Haisenko