[syslinux] switch config file name in LILO-style "boot:"

Sean Lv lvjie at kaspersky.com.cn
Fri Jan 23 21:36:34 PST 2009

Here, I answer my own question.

In LILO-style boot stage, it can use menu.c32 or vesamenu.c32 appending the
config file. For example,

/module/menu.c32 /pxelinux.cfg/debug

/module/vesamenu.c32 /pxelinux.cfg/debug

But I believe it is NOT same as normal pxelinux boot process(no shift key
holding during boot). Because the normal process does not rely on either
menu.c32 or vesamenu.c32.

Any document describe this?

Thanks

Best Regards