[syslinux] Syslinux + USB + PE 2.0

Jernej Simončič jernej.listsonly at ena.si
Tue Mar 17 11:31:31 PDT 2009

On Tuesday, March 17, 2009, 17:12:47, Miller, Shao wrote:

> I'm not sure that your saved boot-sector file would work for anyone
> else, because it contains information specific to your USB drive.

I successfully used boot sector from one of my USB sticks on my other
USB sticks. Note however that the boot sector seems to require a
specific format of the drive - if I formatted the USB stick on Linux,
it wouldn't work. However, now that I know how to use chain.c32, I use
that instead:

label bartpe
        kernel chain.c32
        append hd0 ntldr=/minint/setupldr.bin

(Note: you must rename i386 directory to minint for it to work off USB
stick, at least with BartPE).

--
< Jernej Simončič ><><><><>< http://eternallybored.org/ >

All laws, whether good, bad, or indifferent, must be obeyed to the letter.
       -- Les Miserables Metalaw