[syslinux] Syslinux.exe 64 bits Windows

H. Peter Anvin hpa at zytor.com
Sat May 23 16:41:14 PDT 2009

Ryan McLean wrote:
> Under vista64 try right clicking and running as admin. I am guessing the
> installer doesn't have the "vista elevate permissions code" iirc this is
> set in the manifest file.

It rather seems like this is a peculiarity of the WinPE environment,
which makes sense.  I don't have time to maintain my own Win64
cross-compiler (it was way too much of a pain with the Win32 compiler,
which I fortunately don't have to worry about anymore since the Fedora
MinGW project takes care of it), but presumably there will be a 64-bit
MinGW available reasonably soon at which point I'll start building a
syslinux64.exe by default.