[syslinux] Booting firmware harddisk image with memdisk fails

Miller, Shao Shao.Miller at yrdsb.edu.on.ca
Sun May 24 08:09:01 PDT 2009

Good day Dag and Michael,

In regards to you challenge MEMDISK-booting an HDD image extracted from
an .ISO image, I'm curious:
- I know all MEMDISK options were tried at one point; did that include
"raw"?
- Are you specifying c= h= s= geometry for the HDD image?  If so, how
are you determining the correct c= h= s= to pass?
- If you use the HDD with QEmu as an _actual_ HDD, does that work?

qemu -hda foo.hdd -boot c

- If you give QEmu some other HDD image, then try booting QEmu and doing
the MEMDISK thing with the extracted image, does that work?  I know you
said it works in QEmu, so I am asking if it is because QEmu has no other
HDDs in your test, or if changing that parameter changes the test's
success

Good luck!

- Shao Miller