[syslinux] MEMDISK ISO Drive 0xE0

Miller, Shao shao.miller at yrdsb.edu.on.ca
Wed Dec 1 13:24:35 PST 2010

Good day Gert Hulselmans,

You had reported to me at one point that MEMDISK -> .ISO -> ISOLINUX had
failed under certain circumstances.  I just noticed with a MEMDISK 3.86
that specifying the "iso" option on the command-line actually resulted
in the .ISO getting BIOS drive number 0xFF.  I had to specify "iso
harddisk=224 pause" to confirm that it resulted in 0xE0 (hd96).

Could you possibly confirm if this is at all related to the issue you
had reported previously?  If not, would you kindly remind me of the
details, or was it as simply as "an .ISO with ISOLINUX on it doesn't
boot from MEMDISK"?

Thank you!

- Shao Miller