[syslinux] Syslinux Digest, Vol 93, Issue 1

Gilles Espinasse g.esp at free.fr
Thu Dec 2 08:37:13 PST 2010

Selon Aaron Luo <luotanke at 163.com>:

> All,
>
> Thanks for all your help. Now, I can compile the latest source code base on
> RedHat 5.5 after update nasm(to 2.09) and binutil(2.17).
> And *make spotless* before *make* under core/ directory. But with the new
> pxelinux.0, the PXEClient can not bootup.
> The error info,
>
> No valid file system found!

more probably a configuration issue.

> And stuck in there. I think maybe the gcc cause the problem. My gcc version
> is 4.1.2.

First, why are you trying the _full_ syslinux compilation?
Why do you need that?
Did you read doc/distrib.txt?

The recommended way is to compile only the installer and trust the packager to
compile good binaries for you.
To do that, restrart from ground, remove your syslinux tree and
tar xf syslinux-4.03.tar.bz2
cd syslinux*
make installer
make install (if you want to install on the compilation machine)

Don't try to run a bare 'make', that would recompile the original binaries with
your new compilation.
Don't test in the same time your compilation environment and syslinux code if
you don't need that.

Gilles