[syslinux] menu generator

Helmut Hullen Hullen at t-online.de
Tue Jul 6 10:37:00 PDT 2010

Hallo, John,

Du meintest am 06.07.10:

>> a) I have added some links to
>>
>>         http://syslinux.zytor.com/wiki/index.php/HowTos

> As a note, when your referencing something *ON* a wiki it's much,
> much, much better to use the proper internal links vs. adding a full
> url. That way if the url changes for whatever reason, things don't
> break.

> I.E.

> [[comboot.c32|comboot.c32]]

> vs.

> http://syslinux.zytor.com/wiki/index.php/comboot.c32

I had tried this way - it didn't work. Don't know what went wrong ...
Thanks for the changes!

>> b) I have found (under "Screenshots") a screenshot for/with
>> "complex.c32" - it looks like that screen I want to build.
>>
>> But where is the description (Wiki/man page/HOWTO)?
>>
>> (I know: real programmers don't document ...)

> Real programmers do document, and that can be found with the code in
> the syslinux source tree under com32/cmenu/

Sorry - I had read many files in that directory, but they didn't help.
At least one complete example would be very nice.

> though keep in mind complex is intended to be a starting place for a
> programmer to create such a complicated menu, it's not something you
> can do with a configuration file like menu.c32.

Ok - if it's not designed for end users that should be remarked
somewhere ...

Viele Gruesse!
Helmut