[syslinux] gpxelinux local disk boot does not work

Jeff Sadowski jeff.sadowski at gmail.com
Thu Jul 22 14:05:34 PDT 2010

I downloaded syslinux-4.02 today and did the uncomment of debug in the
pxechain.asm file and did make in the modules folder then replaced the
files in my directories with the most current.

On Wed, Jul 21, 2010 at 3:36 PM, Jeffrey Hutzelman <jhutz at cmu.edu> wrote:
> --On Wednesday, July 21, 2010 11:56:21 AM -0600 Jeff Sadowski
> <jeff.sadowski at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> With this setup it stalls when I type "test" at the pxelinux.0 prompt
>> its the same box and pxelinux.0 was downloaded through tftp
>> successfully each and every time
>
> It stops without printing anything at all?
Going back to the original with APPEND 10.255.11.252::/gpxe/gpxelinux.0
before adding debug it only printed
[quote]
TFTP boot: 10.255.11.252 /gpxe/gpxelinux.0
[/quote]
and then stalls the computer to the point I need to press the power button.
with the debug uncommented and running make then replacing pxechain.com
I get as follows
[quote]
INIT SCAN PIP GOTP 128 LEFT /gpxe/gpxelinux.0GCI