[syslinux] isohybrid question

H. Peter Anvin hpa at zytor.com
Sat Mar 13 21:07:54 PST 2010

On 03/13/2010 05:07 PM, H. Peter Anvin wrote:
> The only other thing that needs patching is the entry of the
> LBA of isolinux.bin into offset 432; we should be able to keep that
> stable.

Arguably we could even do a full-blown El Torito simulator in the 32K
available, and even skip this requirement...

> Another point is that the offset must be at least
> 38 kB, better 64 kB.

I'm not entirely sure how you get this... arguably it would be better if
it was exactly 32K, which would put the "real" PVD inside the partition.
 It means the alternate PVD would end up at sector 32.