[syslinux] Req: download timer

Shao Miller Shao.Miller at yrdsb.edu.on.ca
Mon Mar 15 18:05:01 PDT 2010

Andrew Stuart wrote:

> Does anyone have a module they have wrote and are willing to share to
> measure the time an image takes to download?

You might not be aware that gPXE has its own general discussion
mailing-list.  You might be able to benefit from the experience over
there for your gPXE-related questions.

> As my last post indicates, I am experimenting with gPXE, and am
> interested in benchmarking tftp/lighttpd/apache for transfers of images
> / files.

gPXE has a 'time' command that you can use to time commands, such as
downloads.  Try visiting ROM-O-Matic and looking into the advanced
options, particularly the TIME_CMD compile option.  Also available in
gpxe/src/config/general.h

Good luck.

- Shao Miller