[syslinux] Mac OSX Leopard

Shao Miller Shao.Miller at yrdsb.edu.on.ca
Tue Mar 16 11:18:24 PDT 2010

Samuel Rios Carvalho wrote:

> People,
>
> I installed Mac OS Leopard in my old computer. Installed perfect, but
> I want
> to use pxelinux to choose boot to Mac OS. I have options to linux and
> windows in pxelinux options. How can I use to boot Mac OS Leopard?

Can you even boot this computer to PXELINUX at all?  My understanding is
that Mac OS only runs on Apple Macintoshes, which use their own BSDP
(Boot Server Discovery Protocol) for net-booting, rather than PXE.

Having said that, if you are booting the Mac with gPXE (for instance)
and are then booting PXELINUX from there, I think you might enjoy having
a look at the chain.c32 COMBOOT32 module.
syslinux/com32/modules/chain.c might be worth a look.  It allows you to
chain an HDD or partition...  It would be good to know if you encounter
success with this.

- Shao Miller