[syslinux] Dell problems with PXELINUX 3.62

Shao Miller Shao.Miller at yrdsb.edu.on.ca
Sat Mar 20 11:52:16 PDT 2010

Lindgren Daniel wrote:

> Nope, tried 1 GB and it still worked with 3.62-pre6 but not later
> versions.

Not too sure what to say here...  I could not get the floppy image to
work with any version of Syslinux, MEMDISK, or even GRUB4DOS without
Syslinux or MEMDISK at all. :(

If you'd like to, you could 'git bisect' between your known-good and
known-bad Syslinux versions, testing each build, until you know
precisely which commit changed the behaviour.  I would do this for you,
but cannot get the floppy image to function with any version, as
mentioned.  Sorry.  I do have access to GX280s if you need to bounce
more ideas around.

- Shao Miller