[syslinux] port syslinux isohybrid perl script to C

Thomas Schmitt scdbackup at gmx.net
Wed Mar 31 13:48:04 PDT 2010

Hi,

> Uhh...  Thomas, I think you missed the double-meaning at the bottom of
> Syslinux mailing-list e-mails...

Duh. The subject
  Subject: RE: [syslinux] port syslinux isohybrid perl script to C
made me think it came from this list.
Sorry for messing up.

> Anyway, was the El Torito emulation idea something that might be
> straight-forward to rip-off from MEMDISK?

This is rather a question to hpa, i guess.

My own expertise is limited to the production
of ISO images. I can predict the LBA of file
isolinux.bin and the image size. I could
take a blob of at most 32 KB, perform some
prescribed computations, insert the results
at some prescribed byte addresses, and write
the patched blob as the beginning of the emerging
ISO image.

Currently i lack of blob and prescriptions.

There are no known problems with ElTorito and
ISOLINUX. So the ElTorito record produced by
libisofs should be able to help the blob with
finding isolinux.bin, if desired.

Have a nice day :)

Thomas